In today’s economy, many are looking for ways to have the wedding of their dreams while also keeping costs low. If this describes you (or a client), doing your veil yourself (DIY) may be an option. Or not. It comes down to personal skills and preferences. Here are some considerations when deciding whether to make a veil. Read below or scroll to the video at the bottom of this post:
Pros of creating your own veil:
- You may save money.
- You get the color, length, trims, and beading, etc. you want.
- You also have the option of buying a relatively simple veil, then decorating it yourself.
- Making some types of veils is relatively easy, even if you are “craft impaired” like I am.
- If you are very good at sewing, you can have the ability to create an elaborate, completely custom veil.
Cons related to a DIY veil:
- Buying at discount may cost about the same or even cost less than making it.
- You save time by buying your veil.
- Elaborate embroidery, embellishment patterns, or multiple tiers may be difficult if you do not sew / are not “crafty.”
In the video below, I elaborate on your choices.