Budget Wedding Planning Blog« Your Veil: Do it Yourself (DIY) or Buy? | Main | Black Friday and Holiday Deals Available Now »
While reorganizing the website I realized it’s been more than 2 1/2 years since recording these make your own veil videos. While I’ve gained some weight and gotten considerably more comfortable in front of the camera (compared to the recent How to Decorate a Country Wedding Cake tutorials, OMG!), the information remains as relevant as ever. Enjoy! ~Bobette
I am excited to announce a new video series on MyOnlineWeddingHelp.com showing, in detail, step-by-step instructions on how to make a veil yourself.
Why make your own wedding veil? There are a variety of reason ranging from you are having trouble finding what you want to cutting costs, to creating a family bonding experience and heirloom.
If you are thinking you do not have the talent to make this, let me tell you one thing: the number one rule for my do-it-yourself videos is I have to be able to do it all by myself. On the 10-point “craftiness” scale I am a 2-3. So if I can do it, you can too.
What’s in the series?
An overview of my five-step veil making process is below. Plus, there are additional videos detailing those steps and a few considerations. There is a corresponding transcript for each as well (if you are the type that would rather read instructions).
Here is an outline of the contents, followed by the overview video:
- What you need to make a veil.
- Step 1: Measuring and cutting veil fabric with your own, home made pattern.
- Step 2: Making your blusher (if you want one).
- Step 3: Gluing embellishments such as rhinestones, crystals, pearls, edging, or other decorations.
- Step 4: Putting gathers in your veil.
- Step 5: Sewing on a veil comb.
- If you are trying to decide whether to make your own veil or not, read Your Veil: DIY or Buy?.